Library at Davies
The mission of the Wm. M. Davies, Jr. Career and Technical High School Library is to support the curriculum of the school by ensuring the research and information needs of both students and staff are met. Through a two prong program, offering access to quality materials in a variety of formats and instruction in the proper use of these materials, it is ensured that students will develop the skills necessary to become effective users of ideas and information.
- Students can borrow up to three books at one time, they must show their student ID, and have no overdue books.
- Library materials circulate 3 weeks for students, 4 weeks for faculty/staff.
- Reminders for overdue books are distributed through advisory classes.
- Reference materials and magazines do not circulate. They may be used in the library and copying of individual pages is available free of charge.
- There are ten (10) computers to be used for school related work only.
- There are three (3) printers (no color ink) available for student's to print school related work only.
Hours: 8:05am - 1:26pm
Closures: Advisory, 4th lunch, 7th period
Come visit Mrs. Goodness in the Library to get an understanding of what we have in our collection at Davies and the tools you can use at home. You can also visit our Research Tools page to view databases and even find ebooks you can read at home.
- American Machinist
- American Teacher
- Bon Appetit (culinary)
- Cutting Tool Engineering (machine)
- Digital Photo (graphics)
- EC&M (electrical)
- Home Power (electrical)
- Hot Rod (automotive)
- Modern Salon (cosmotology)
- Naval Aviation
- Popular Woodworking (construction)
- Printed Circuit Design & Fabrication/Circuits Assembly (electronics)
- R & D
- Rhode Island Monthly
- Teaching Tolerance
- Techniques (formerly Vocational Education)