Office of Student Supports
The Office of Student Supports coordinates all activities related to the education, related services, and support services for students who have Individual Education Programs; students in the Limited English Proficient program; students who need remedial reading; and students on home instruction for medical reasons. He is also responsible for insuring that all students who are entitled to accommodations for the admissions test to Davies receive them.
Special Education Advisory Committee
The Davies Special Education Advisory Committee (DSEAC) serves as an advocate for students with disabilities and a liaison between school administration, Board of Trustees, and families of children with special needs.
We educate families and teachers about IDEA (the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act), Individualized Education Program (IEP) planning, and implementation of special education throughout the Davies' school community.
And as a result: the lives of all of our students improve.
Why join the DSEAC?
Membership of the DSEAC is open to parents of students receiving Special Education Services, teachers, students, administrators, and other concerned individuals.
DSEAC members will:
- Become more knowledgeable and supportive of the special education services and needs of their child
- Learn information and skills that will help members work more effectively with their child at Davies
- Understand how to enhance their child's educational experiences inside and outside the classroom
- Be able to help other families and students with disabilities at Davies
- Have the opportunity to support the school professionals and make Davies a better place for learning
How to join
If you are interested in being part of the DSEAC or would like to learn more, please contact the Office of Student Supports, 401.728.1500, ext. 304.