Office of Student Supports
The Office of Student Supports coordinates all activities related to supporting the education of all students. These supports include students who have Individual Education Plans, 504 plans, who are multilingual language learners, students with remedial reading needs, students with social or emotional needs, students in need of tutoring for absences related to documented long-term medical issues, and students who require credit recovery. Students are often identified for support through the comprehensive Response to Intervention/Multi-Tiered Systems of Supports process.
The Office of Student Supports also ensures that students, who have documented needs, receive accommodations on the Davies Admission Test.
Special Education Advisory Committee
The Davies Special Education Advisory Committee (DSEAC) serves as an advocate for students with disabilities and a liaison between school administration, Board of Trustees, and families of children with special needs.
We educate families and teachers about IDEA (the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act), Individualized Education Program (IEP) planning, and implementation of special education throughout the Davies' school community.
And as a result: the lives of all of our students improve.
Why join the DSEAC?
Membership of the DSEAC is open to parents of students receiving Special Education Services, teachers, students, administrators, and other concerned individuals.
DSEAC members will:
- Become more knowledgeable and supportive of the special education services and needs of their child
- Learn information and skills that will help members work more effectively with their child at Davies
- Understand how to enhance their child's educational experiences inside and outside the classroom
- Be able to help other families and students with disabilities at Davies
- Have the opportunity to support the school professionals and make Davies a better place for learning
How to join
If you are interested in being part of the DSEAC or would like to learn more, please contact the Office of Student Supports, 401.728.1500, ext. 304.