More than 50% of the twenty fastest-growing occupations in the United States are health-related careers.* Our program at Davies helps students explore their passions and learn the necessary skills to enter and thrive in the field.
In the health care field, industry certification is important and indicates to employers you have the correct skills and qualifications. Davies students have the opportunity to earn the following certifications:
- American Heart Association: BLS for HCP (Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers) CPR, AED: Infant & Adult
- American Heart Association: HeartSaver First Aid
- R.I. Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Certificate of course completion from the Alzheimer’s Association: Alzheimer’s Training & Care: Habilitation Care Approach
- Certified Patient Care Technician (CPCT): EKG & Phlebotomy Training
Our labs also include our first-in-the-nation mock CVS pharmacy. Eligible students may pursue post-graduation CVS Pharmacy Technician certification.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition, Fastest Growing Occupations, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/fastest-growing.htm (visited March 2017).
Alicia Amore; firstname.lastname@example.org
Ellen Flynn; email@example.com
Monica Strojny; firstname.lastname@example.org
Lynn Thibeault; email@example.com
Samantha Vasquez; firstname.lastname@example.org