More than 50% of the twenty fastest-growing occupations in the United States are health-related careers.* Our program at Davies helps students explore their passions and learn the necessary skills to enter and thrive in the field.
In the health care field, industry certification is important and indicates to employers you have the correct skills and qualifications. Davies students have the opportunity to earn the following certifications:
- American Heart Association: BLS for HCP (Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers) CPR, AED: Infant & Adult
- American Heart Association: HeartSaver First Aid
- R.I. Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Certificate of course completion from the Alzheimer’s Association: Alzheimer’s Training & Care: Habilitation Care Approach
- Certified Patient Care Technician (CPCT): EKG & Phlebotomy Training
Our labs also include our first-in-the-nation mock CVS pharmacy. Eligible students may pursue post-graduation CVS Pharmacy Technician certification.
Our Helath Careers program continues to partner with the Community College of Rhode Island in offering eligible students an EMT pathway.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition, Fastest Growing Occupations, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/fastest-growing.htm (visited March 2017).
Health Careers Teachers
Alicia Amore, firstname.lastname@example.org
Desiree Martel, email@example.com
Ellen Morey, firstname.lastname@example.org
Monica Strojny, email@example.com
*Please only contact the above listed teachers if you know them or are a current or former student/parent.
Business inquiries please reach out to Mrs. Votto, Supervisor of Career and Technical Education at SVotto@daviestech.org or ext. 266.
General inquiries please reach out to Community@daviestech.org or ext. 237.