Resources for Students
Dear YOG 2023
The Office of Workforce Development is excited to announce applications are being accepted from the class of 2023 (Juniors) for the Summer 2022 PrepareRI Program Internship.
Summer 2022 Internship Details:
- Internships are in-person (on-Site) for Summer 2022 with top RI employers.
- Applications being accepted Oct 15, 2021 – Jan 14, 2022
- Open to high school juniors attending a public high school in RI.
- Must be 16 years of age.
- Must attend mandatory boot camp from June 27 – July 1, 2022.
- Internships runs from July 11 – Aug 19, 2022
- Interns will be paid $12/hr. for the duration of the internship.
- Commit to work 6 weeks, 32 hours per week this Summer 2022
What are your responsibilities?
- Review the PrepareRI Website and talk with your parent/guardian about the program. PrepareRI High School Virtual Internship Program (skillsforri.com)
- If selected and complete the program requirements, the hours will count towards the Davies Proficiency Based Graduation Requirements (PBGR).
- It is important to follow up on a timely basis with any emails received from program coordinators (PPRI) and WBL Coordinator (Mrs. Murphy)
How to Apply:
- Take your time applying. A rubric will be used to score your application (Attached)
- Application questions that may be asked:
o How did you hear about the PrepareRI Program?
o Why are you choosing to apply?
o Select your top three career areas of interests.
o Explain why you would like to explore these career areas of interest.
- Take your time when answering these questions.
o It is important to put effort into your answers. Put some thought into what you want to write.
o Why did you select the career choices? What would you like the outcome to be if selected to the program? What experiences/skills would you like to enhance while in the program?
o It may be best to type your answers in Word documents to copy and paste into the application.
o Have someone take a look at your answers. Are there spelling errors/proofing errors?
o Take your time.
- If interested, Control/Click the Link below to apply:
- 2022 PrepareRI High School Application
- Send me an email (email@example.com) indicating the date applied, and name of the technical program you are enrolled in.
Any questions, please reach out to me.
Karen Murphy, GCDF
Davies Office of Workforce Development
401-728-1500 ext. 236
Free Courses for Public HS StudentsSkillsRI is offering access to incredible free courses created by some of the most successful tech companies, Google, Facebook & IBM!
- Google Project Management: Professional Certificate
- Google UX Design Professional Certificate
- Google IT Support Professional Certificate
- IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional Certificate
- Facebook Social Media Marketing Professional Certificate
- SkillsRI Career Exploration
- Understanding Current Events
Davies' Home School Compact - Student Responsibilities
Guide to Scholarships for Black Students
Class of 2022 Common App
2021 QuestBridge College Prep Scholars Program for high school juniors opens in early February. QuestBridge is a nationally recognized nonprofit that equips academically outstanding, low-income students to gain admission and full four-year scholarships to 45 top colleges. Application opens soon for qualified high school juniors. The deadline for students to apply is March 24, 2021. If you have any questions, please visit AskQB.
Opportunity for the Class of 2022 & 2023The Let's Get Ready program has recently received funding to expand its virtual program into Rhode Island. They have openings for 50 students in their program for Juniors that begins in February. The program is for Juniors and Seniors and designed to help support them through the college application process. Students are paired with College student mentors who meet with them 2 times a week virtually for SAT support classes as well as College choice classes. They also support them via text, email, and phone calls individually. Please take a look at the flyers.