To submit an announcement: www.daviestech.org/share
(This website is for in-network members only, all others please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.)
All of the Director's Updates can be found on the Director's Office page: https://www.daviestech.org/Page/214
Please stand for the pledge of allegiance.
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands. One nation, under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all.
Please be seated.
Good Morning, Davies! Today is Monday, February 26, 2024. Today is an A-day.
- Today for lunch, It's toasted chicken fajitas.
- The Davies Student Gallery is looking for creators and artists to submit artwork for an exhibition. Visit www.daviestech.org/art to submit artwork for upcoming exhibitions.
- Multimedia and Production club is canceled this week.
- Sign up now for the Dodgeball Tournament on Thursday with Mrs. San Bento. Have fun and help raise funds for the Class of 2024. Who will win? Teachers vs students! We will find out!
- Seniors! On Thursday there is a free Financial Aid clinic from 4 to 6:30pm in the library. Reach out to Mrs. Mello with any questions.
- Drip@Davies has winter coats for you! If you or someone from home needs a winter coat, reach out to Mr. Hall (email@example.com), Mrs. Plante (Splante@daviestech.org), Miss Louis (firstname.lastname@example.org) or any other adult you trust and we will arrange a time to look through our selection.
- What are the two words that this society loves? Free and thrift! Come down to Drip@Davies, we have everything you may need, from pants, and scrubs to undergarments and shoes. It's located near the library in the basement. We will open on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the morning BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS. 7-7:30 am. Come by to check it out!
- The Office of Workforce Development would like to remind the students working toward their work-based learning requirements to hand in their blue sheets or pay stubs to their technical teachers to get credit for their hours.
- The Pantriot - is open for students and their families experiencing food insecurity. No one should be hungry. We are here to help. It's free and confidential. Sign up at www.daviestech.org/food or reach out to Mrs. Cipolla or a teacher you trust.
- All students must carry their badges and use them to open doors. It is not the responsibility of staff to let you through doors if you have access by using your badge key card.
- Sign Davies' Community Cultural Compact!
The DCCC is a promise made to students, faculty, staff, and the entire Davies community that we are open and willing to work on issues related to equity and justice. This compact sets a standard of treatment for all community members, holding us all to ideals that will inform how staff are trained and what is expected of students. The Social Justice Club welcomes you to read and sign Davies' Community Cultural Compact! www.daviestech.org/culturalcompact
Thank you. Have a Davies day*!
*A "Davies day" is a day that is both productive and beneficial to your future.
A message from the Facilities Department:
- A reminder to all students participating in after-school activities: please utilize the trash cans. Do not leave trash around our school. Please do your part to help.
- A reminder to all faculty and staff: please only park in designated areas. Thank you.
- To all students, staff, and faculty -- the facilities department would like to remind you to only park in appropriate parking spaces. With the snow and sanding, it has become increasingly difficult for them when you don't park in the right place. Do not park outside any part of the building, ONLY PARK IN A PARKING SPACE IN THE PARKING LOT. If you don't know what an appropriate parking spot is, look on the ground for the parking lines and ensure there are no signs designating the space for another purpose. They appreciate your compliance. (Staff parking policy, see page 44 or Student Parking Policy, page 36)
Join the Davies Student Council! All students are welcome to join! 🌟 Unlock Your Potential 🌟
📢 Raise Your Voice 📢
Make a difference in your school and community by sharing your ideas and advocating for positive change.
🤝 Develop Leadership Skills 🤝
Build your leadership skills and gain valuable experience that will benefit you throughout life such as community collaboration and inclusivity.
👫 Forge Lifelong Friendships 👬
Connect with like-minded peers, create lasting friendships, and be a part of a supportive community.
🌱 Grow as an Individual 🌱
Develop problem-solving skills, time management, and teamwork abilities that will prepare you for the future.
🎉 Plan Exciting Activities 🎉
Work in collaboration with class councils organize memorable events, dances, and fundraisers that will make your high school years unforgettable.
🎓 Boost Your College and Employment Applications 🎓
Showcase your commitment to service and leadership on college applications and impress future employers.
All Meetings will be held once a month on Thursday afternoons from 2- 3:45 in room 016 Mrs. Cipolla’s Classroom (We will meet in the cafeteria for a snack first)
📅 Meeting Dates 2023-2024 March 7, April 4, May 2, June 6
Student Council Officer Elections will be held in January! Email Mrs. Cipolla@ Ccipolla@daviestech.org for additional information.