Return to Headlines
PrepareRI Internship Summer 2019 Internship (Class of 2020)
Dear Class of 2020
As a reminder, the PrepareRI Internship Program application is open. Application deadline is February 1, 2019. As you know the representatives from Skills For Rhode Island's Future visited Davies on November 30 to present the program criteria. A flyer is attached with information as well. I understand they are currently receiving many applications for the program. During the holiday break, it might be a good time for you to submit your application.
If you meet the student requirements, you will have an opportunity to be paid $11.25 per hour and earn college credits during the summer of 2019. Keep in mind you will be required to attend orientation and interview sessions. Prepare that resume! In addition, there will be a mandatory Work Readiness Bootcamp scheduled for June 24 through the 28. The boot camp is scheduled the same dates as the SkillsUSA National Contests held in Louisville, KY. If you win the State contest for SkillsUSA, you will need to make a decision as to what might be best for you. The Work Readiness Boot Camp is mandatory, and all PrepareRI candidates must attend. Please keep in mind the SkillsUSA State winners are announced by the end of March at the State ceremony. If you are interested in PrepareRI and may also be a candidate for SkillsUSA State Contests, you should still consider applying to the program. Once you know who the State SkillsUSA winners will be, you will then be able to decide what you would like to do.
APPLICATION & PROGRAM TIMELINE :
- December 3, 2018: Application opens
- February 1, 2019: Application due by 11:59 pm. Incomplete or late applications will NOT BE CONSIDERED
- February 1 – March 29, 2019: Mandatory student-parent/guardian orientation sessions. Notices with dates will be sent to all eligible applicants
- March 1 – April 30, 2019: Student interviews and employer matching
- May 31, 2019: Student notified of acceptance into the program and internship employer placement
- June 24 – 28, 2019: Mandatory work readiness boot camp for selected students
- July 1 – August 23, 2019: Internship takes place. A student must commit to at least 150 hours. The internship will be from 6 to 8 weeks in length based on employer demand
- August 23, 2019: Graduation day
If you will be applying, type the link below in your search bar:
You must register first and have a personal e-mail due to firewalls.
If you have apply, please reply only to this e-mail. Please list your name and technical area. Mrs. Votto and I will try to match you with companies Davies are partnered with.
Mrs Votto and I hope to see many applicants from the Class of 2020. What a great opportunity to gain world of work experience in addition to completing your required work-based learning hours. I am currently out of the office. If you have any questions send reply only to this e-mail. I will answer them as quickly as possible.
Good Luck and don't forget to let me know if you applied!