Dear YOG 2023
Dear YOG 2023
The Office of Workforce Development is excited to announce applications are being accepted from the class of 2023 (Juniors) for the Summer 2022 PrepareRI Program Internship.
Summer 2022 Internship Details:
- Internships are in-person (on-Site) for Summer 2022 with top RI employers.
- Applications being accepted Oct 15, 2021 – Jan 14, 2022
- Open to high school juniors attending a public high school in RI.
- Must be 16 years of age.
- Must attend mandatory boot camp from June 27 – July 1, 2022.
- Internships runs from July 11 – Aug 19, 2022
- Interns will be paid $12/hr. for the duration of the internship.
- Commit to work 6 weeks, 32 hours per week this Summer 2022
What are your responsibilities?
- Review the PrepareRI Website and talk with your parent/guardian about the program. PrepareRI High School Virtual Internship Program (skillsforri.com)
- If selected and complete the program requirements, the hours will count towards the Davies Proficiency Based Graduation Requirements (PBGR).
- It is important to follow up on a timely basis with any emails received from program coordinators (PPRI) and WBL Coordinator (Mrs. Murphy)
How to Apply:
- Take your time applying. A rubric will be used to score your application (Attached)
- Application questions that may be asked:
o How did you hear about the PrepareRI Program?
o Why are you choosing to apply?
o Select your top three career areas of interests.
o Explain why you would like to explore these career areas of interest.
- Take your time when answering these questions.
o It is important to put effort into your answers. Put some thought into what you want to write.
o Why did you select the career choices? What would you like the outcome to be if selected to the program? What experiences/skills would you like to enhance while in the program?
o It may be best to type your answers in Word documents to copy and paste into the application.
o Have someone take a look at your answers. Are there spelling errors/proofing errors?
o Take your time.
- If interested, Control/Click the Link below to apply:
- 2022 PrepareRI High School Application
- Send me an email (email@example.com) indicating the date applied, and name of the technical program you are enrolled in.
Any questions, please reach out to me.
Karen Murphy, GCDF
Davies Office of Workforce Development
401-728-1500 ext. 236