Original posting document
Embroidery Machine Operator
LOCATION: Warwick, RI
SHIFT: 3:30pm to 12:00am
RATE: $14+ per hour
To apply, email your resume to Hilary Hanners at email@example.com
SquadLocker’s Warwick-based manufacturing team is on the hunt for candidates with basic sewing experience to be trained into hard-working Embroidery Machine Operators. In this role, you’ll learn how to run our single-head or multi head Barudan embroidery machines to create embellishments and customizations on apparel for customer orders. While experience with Barudan machines and Wilcom software is a plus, we are willing to train the right candidate for the role. Qualified candidates must have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn and the flexibility to adapt to change. Additionally, an inherent sense of quality and design is essential as is the ability to perform multiple tasks and manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Prepare garments for embroidery using proper hooping techniques
• Retreive and correctly comprehend electronic work order via computer to determine type and location of embroidery
• Select size and color thread and draw through machine bobbins and guides
• Operate embroidery machines to customize product with customer information or team logo
• Observe sewing operation and pre-inspect finished goods to detect defects in stitching
• Perform light maintenance on the machines and recognize issues that require larger attention
• Additional responsibilities as needed Qualifications We are looking for ambitious individuals with a history of high achievement and the desire to work in a fast-paced environment with peers who challenge them to be better.
Qualified candidates will have:
• 1 to 3 years of sewing experience; Embroidery experience preferred
• Ability to thread a needle
• Basic computer literacy skills
• Ability to work efficiently in a production environment, standing 7.5 hours per day
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Good hand-eye coordination, good vision and the ability to detect slight differences in color
• Fluent in English and Spanish a plus
• Capability to bend, twist, reach and lift materials up to 40 lbs
• Fast learner with the ability to grasp new concepts quickly
• Persuasive, amiable, self-motivated and goal-oriented
• Naturally curious, passionate and have a “whatever it takes” attitude
• Enjoy working in a team environment
• Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; Copes effectively with complexity and change
• Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and put in the extra effort to get the job done
SquadLocker is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About SquadLocker: From mathlete to athlete, SquadLocker makes it easy to outfit any team or organization in two weeks or less. SquadLocker’s instant online stores stay open 24/7 and serve up the world’s best apparel and gear brands, decorated with your specific logos. Every store merchandising and logo design is custom, and every order is processed individually with no minimums. SquadLocker has changed the way Commissioners, Athletic Directors, Coaches, Parents, Captains and Club Leaders manage their group’s decorated apparel and gear needs.
Check us out at www.squadlocker.com.