Office of Workforce Development
Work-based learning is an essential component of a student’s career pathway, building on their classroom knowledge with practical experience in the workplace and interaction with industry and community professionals. Work-based learning allows students to apply and develop their academic, technical, and essential skills shows students the relevance of their education as it connects to the real world, and prepares them for success in college and career. Davies' Office of Workforce Development works with students and offers students the opportunity to participate in work-based learning.
Students need to meet and adhere to eligibility guidelines to participate in work-based learning activities. Please refer to the policy and procedure document.
In the Office of Workforce Development, we:
- Arrange business tours, job shadows, internships, and other related activities.
- Set up and process all the paperwork for work-based learning.
- Recruit new employers, as needed, for work-based learning experiences.
- Maintain current partnerships with area businesses, colleges, and community organizations.
- Assist students with working papers, job search, and placements.
- Recognize business partners who participate in WBL activities at the Partners Appreciation event in May.
- Assist rising seniors/seniors with summer work-based learning.
- Collaborate with the Guidance Office to track senior graduate future plans.
Providence Business News, Manufacturing Award 2018 Collaboration in Manufacturing winner.
Providence Business News, Business Excellence Award 2018 Workforce Development winner.
Providence Business News, Business Excellence Award 2020 Education and Learning winner.
Providence Business News, Manufacturing Award 2021 Collaboration in Manufacturing winner.
Providence Business News, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Award 2023 Education K-12 winner.